Thursday 12 February 2009

Informative Indulgence Part 4

So hopefully you enjoying and learning a lot about what has been featured so far.

Today, for installment number 4, I would like to begin by referencing the missions I spoke about, that we, the Hazardous Pioneers, are going to plan out upon our return to the UK.

To illustrate what kind of missions I’m talking about, you should click this link, of British comedian, Mark Thomas or just watch the videos below.
Check out his blags that he did here (and listen to what is coming out of these people’s mouths!!) -



Part 2 -


And finally, part 3 -


This guy, all respect to him, put his nuts in some pretty hectic situations! Here he is, taking the piss out of some of the worlds most disgusting ‘behind the scenes’ killers. Legend.
You can read more about him here.


Just exactly what we’re going to do for our missions, we’re not quite sure. But we are going to have some fun with the corporations that have their posts in our city of Portsmouth, you can be sure of that. We hope to capture it on video too, so that’s something to look forward to.

When I was living in Brighton in 2007/2008, I did do a little mission of my own.
And the story goes –
Miserable with life in Brighton, and quite disappointed with the lack of eye candy at my music college, I decided to accomplish the blag of all blags.
The ‘Miss Brighton and Sussex University’ Fashion show / beauty pageant was coming up, and I was going.
But I wasn’t gonna buy a fuckin’ ticket. Oh no. I was going. As a press photographer.
That’s right.
Finding the organiser’s details on Facebook, I sent him a message, saying I was a photographer from ‘Time Out’ magazine (you may have heard of it) and that I was interested in grabbing some shots of his event coming up.
Well, sure enough, I got a reply, and knowing how these events work (roughly, used to run hiphop showcases back in Portsmouth from 16-17years of age) I knew that the organiser of this one, would be running around, and not really do his research as to he’s really letting in through the doors for free.
Well, the event was taking place at Digital nightclub, on Brighton’s seafront. Only down the road from me, perfect. Now, as any of you blaggers know, a blaggers best friend is his prop. I, claiming to be a press photographer, had sweet F.A. for props, so I gave my friend a call, to ask him if he could get hold of a large SLR camera.
Turns out, his house mate had one, and he was up for joining me, blagging himself as a fashion journalist.
Well, we both got there, told the bouncers who we were, met the organiser and just milked it. Hard.
The massive SLR I had round my neck didn’t even work! That’s right, I blagged us in, with a broken camera.
We got inside, had VIP access, got to watch a lot of hot, but stupid, girls getting changed and I even hustled every single one of their phone numbers and emails. It was a morale boost if anything, and quite a good laugh. I blagged myself on stage to take photos, not even having a clue what I was doing. And to say the least, it was pretty hilarious.
We left, not having paid anything, and I told the organiser convincingly, that I would ‘be in touch.’
Davis 1 – Fashion chumps – 0.

Another group of lads that get up to some corporate mischief, are the ‘Yes Men’. You may have heard of them already.
They also have a new film coming out in these next few days, which will hopefully be up on the net soon.
Here’s a little insight, from their website.

‘Andy Bichlbaum and Mike Bonanno are two guys who just can't take "no" for an answer. They have an unusual hobby: posing as top executives of corporations they hate. Armed with nothing but thrift-store suits, they lie their way into business conferences and parody their corporate nemeses in ever more extreme ways - basically doing everything that they can to wake up their audiences to the danger of letting greed run our world.’
You can read more about them here.

These guys are an inspiration. Laugh hard at what they do. But never forget what they’re telling you / showing you. They are embarrassing these fuckers for a reason, this ain’t some Ashtray Kutcher ‘Punk’d’ shit. The shit that these corps do, is very real and is going on everyday. It’s up to people like us to voice ourselves any way possible.

(For people reading this that live in the UK:
Mark Thomas has recently published this article.

And I think it’s a vital read to everyone who lives in the UK. Especially if you are unclear with the protocol that the police are supposed to carry out when they ask to stop and search you etc. Really good shit.
The article that this relates to, is written on Mark’s site here: the article’s name is ‘Criminal Policing’.)

To close,
‘The turtle only makes progress when it’s neck is stuck out’ – Rollo May

‘To live, is to sacrifice.’ – Throwdown

And finally,

'Always listen to your heart. The day you try to control it too much is the day it will give up.' - Harry Davis

Peace and rice chums,
Tomorrow? Some sort of ‘Clarity’, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment